Thursday, March 29, 2007

GRUMPY DAY



I was going to post a blog this morning as I was feeling quite grumpy. However my daughter rushed in yesterday afternoon in a panic as her babysitter for my six month old grandson had stood her up at the last minute, and she was on the late shift. Babies, however dear, and blogging do not go together. And of course I can no longer remember why I was feeling grumpy - probably because my small sleep allowance was significantly reduced with The Baby.

Oh yes, I was also feeling grumpy having read in this morning's Figaro that the boss of Barclays Bank earned £34 million squid last year, which I find totally scandalous. No-one can be worth that money. Can they? Perhaps I am jealous - imagine, I could have his job for a year, or even six months, and then retire most gracefully!

And it started snowing at 630 this morning and I am fed up with the non-snow this year - last year we had heavy snow until the middle of May and then suddenly within two weeks it had melted and spring arrived. This year we lurch from thick snow to no snow within 48hours and just when spring looks as though it might arrive - wham, another snow fall.

The Daughter and The Baby left earlier, I was just about to take the dog for a walk and the 'phone rings - my 'dear' ex for his bi-monthly counselling session. My ex and my mother are very similar - they are both total hypocondriacs and I get hours of descriptions of their illnesses - both of them assume that I am fine and well and healthy and off they ramble; thank goodness I have a solid constitution - perhaps I should pluck up the courage and tell them I have some awful illness and see how they react - they might even hang up! Serves me right for being too wimpy to stick up for myself, and that makes me grumpy, too.

So the day was lost - the only positive note was that my little black friend eventually got a good gallop and I came home in a much better frame of mind!

7 comments:

Bill Taylor said...

C'mon, you can't be Wimpy AND Grumpy. That only leaves 5 dwarfs for the rest of us.
(Note to HWMNBN: That's a joke. I KNOW Wimpy wasn't one of the 7 Dwarfs.)

Louise said...

Oh, yes I can be grumpy and wimpy.

Suggestions for the following (I'm Grumpy):

1 Dopey
2 Bashful
3 Sneezy
4 Sleepy
5 Doc
6 Happy

and who will play the main role of Snow White?

(God, this is bad - I must be getting lightheaded through lack of sleep - perhaps I should be Sleepy or Dopey). I know I'm definitely not Snow White as she is too wimpy for words and I hate being wimpy.

Bill Taylor said...

I know an off-colour joke about the 7 dwarfs (no, it doesn't involve Snow White; it's not that rude) but I shan't repeat it here. Can I be the handsome prince? There will not be a prize for the most sarcastic reply.

Sarah said...

With all the pollen in the air at the moment, I'm definitely 'Sneezy'. My car is covered in yellow dust. It should rain today which should settle the dust.

I was feeling grumpy about my ex in the car going to work this morning too. It takes time to throw off the yoke, doesn't it?!

Gigi said...

I'm Dopey. I can't remember a thing these days - I never know where I've put my glasses/car keys...car, even. I can't work out how my new phone works...or how the machine that delivers tram tickets works...

And at this particular moment, I can't remember what I was going to do before I got distracted by this blog...

Definitely Dopey.

Louise said...

I see you are all starting to fight about which of the seven dwarves you wish to be - thinking about it quickly, I think I could be all of them.

Grumpy - that's obvious (when I'm not Happy)
Bashful - well, I can be when in a room full of people I don't know
Sneezy - I've been all morning
Doc - on-line diagnostics to ex and my mother
Happy - because 9 times out of 10 I am
Sleepy - yes, because I don't get enough sleep

Louise said...

I forgot Dopey - for the same reasons as Gigi.